Saturday, April 12, 2014

two months to go


This week has been nonstop.  I can't believe we are getting married in two months (less than, actually!).  Getting the RSVPs back is so exciting...it's all seeming so real now.  I've been slightly alarmed and how not stressed I have been.  The one time I got stressed was when we were trying to design/order our invitations - dealing with computer shit drives me nuts. No thank you.  Other than that, we have just been slowly chugging along, doing things here and there, but nothing overwhelming.  I had this vision of "wedding planning" in my head (thanks to like, everything I have ever read, even on APW!) that it would entail J and I, at midnight, dark circles around our eyes licking envelopes, empty wine bottles everywhere, drowning in a pool of streamers and table cloth samples or some shit like that.  Instead we'll kind of remember something we have to book, and in the next week or two we do it, and then onto the next...The things we have yet to do are: decorish stuff (I'm making a few things, we're putting together our own flowers and stuff- I wish I could make lots and lots of things and be super cool but everything we make has to travel from LA to Colorado), my hair person, plan our music, write our ceremony, solidify our DJ, J's outfit, and then decide on tablecloths and I guess more "day-of" stuff too.  But I'm really not worried.

This week we ordered our wedding bands!  I can't wait to see J's.  They have to keep my engagement ring to make my matching one so I will go ten days without it which will feel so weird.

We also saw The Book of Mormon Tuesday night! Holy shit.  SO freaking funny.  Seriously awesome. And of course it made me jealous and really really really miss theatre and miss being on stage and singing and dancing with my friends...those people really have the life.  There is no feeling in the world like that.

On Wednesday I picked up my wedding dress (!!!!).  So surreal that that part is "over".  I was walking around looking at all of the dresses again and wanting to keep trying them on.  I kind of wish I had let myself have more fun initially during that process.  J and I decided from here on out, for these last two months, we are not going to hold back on the (vegan) cheese.  I realize I always look back and wish I had been more "in it" or milked it for all its worth and you only get married once and I'm going to be a bride dammit.

Lovely Bride in West Hollywood



Thursday I took the dress to the tailor lady (thank God it's out of my possession now, makes me nervous) and that night I got to meet three of J's friends who are coming to the wedding that I haven't met yet.  It was so great to meet them AND the icing on the cake was that Starbelly (pictured in portrait below) was actually friendly for 98 % of the night.  It makes me heart so warm and happy to see her occasionally act like a...dog.  AND I can't meet people without having flowers in the house and I am so excited about these blooms (omg how desperate housewife do I sound)....getting ideas for the wedding floral arrangements!  But seriously, fresh bright flowers in the house makes me so happy and honestly does brighten my day.  A vase of them is sitting at the kitchen table where I do all my work and it makes everything I do at that table fun.


Starbelly in bloom








1 comment:

  1. Ah! Two months to go! I'm glad things are going smoothly and you are not stressed. I can't wait to see pictures!
    Book of Mormon is coming here next year, I'm super excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete