Monday, July 21, 2014

this little piggy

As some of you may know, I have been craving the addition of either a goat or a pig to our family.  And what I mean by that is, Starbelly keeps tugging my pant leg asking for one.  I couldn't believe she had such a specific idea of what she wanted in a sibling.  J brought this video to my attention last night, and I am convinced it's a sign from Britney (Spears, that is, for those of you new to the religion).

 



It breaks my soul that anyone could eat these animals.  The disconnection allowed between the death, abuse, torture, and just absolute evil and our plates is the definition of unethical.  SPEAKING OF I just got a part-time job working at an animal rights organization that I have loved since I was a little girl.  I want to be able to say which organization it is, but since I haven't started yet, maybe I shouldn't? Not sure how that stuff works.  I mean, after all, I'm an actress with a degree in cow-loving and banana bread baking…so.  But seriously, this organization is what changed my life when I was 12 years old.  As much as I bitch about technology and the internet, thank god for the awareness they can spread.  You can't argue when you see a video of the truth.  The internet has allowed voices that would have never been able to have been heard to flood the ears and hearts of people in pretty much any place in the world.  So for that I am very grateful.  But this organization…that sounds like a Greek food that is great with hummus…has an LA headquarters in my neighborhood and it's a part time job so I can make money while doing the work that I am so passionate about, while I pursue the career that I am so passionate about at the same time.  I know it's small but I am so proud of myself - it's such a cool feeling to feel like you are in the flow of who you actually are.  Twelve year old protesting-and-debating-and-handing-out-flyers Me would be so proud.  

And in other news, I sometimes pretend I'm Robin Wright when I jog now, and I'm ready for Christmas already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment